Soft-Starters are static starters that accelerate, decelerate and protect three-phase induction motors. The MV soft-starter WEG is available for power ratings from 550 kW up to 3400 kW. Voltage range: 2.3 kV – 6.9 kV.
SSW7000 – Medium Voltage Soft-Starter
Soft-Starters are static starters that accelerate, decelerate and protect three-phase induction motors. The control of the voltage applied to the motor by means of adjustments to the firing angle of thyristors allows the soft-starter to start and stop an electric motor smoothly.
The SSW7000 is suitable for medium voltage motors. It reduces the voltage applied to the motor at start. As a consequence, motor current and torque is reduced for a smooth start. This eliminates impacts of inrush current on the power supply and impacts of mechanical shocks on the load and the coupling. This helps in reducing maintenance of bearings, couplings, gear boxes, pulleys, belts and chains, in addition to protecting the motor.
- Torque control
The SSW7000 features FTC – Flexible Torque Control, technology developed by WEG which uses the vector control and control of direct torque concepts, based on technologies developed for the vector frequency inverters CFW. The FTC is flexible to select the desired torque control according to the type of load applied to the motor (constant loads, quadratic loads, or loads with lower or higher starting torque), providing a smooth start with a linear speed ramp along the entire starting process.
- Accessories can be easily and quickly installed by using the Plug and Play concept
- Motor voltage: 2.3kV, 4.16kV or 6.9kV
- Power: 750 hp to 4500 hp (560 kW to 3600 kW)
- Output current: 180A, 300A and 360A
- Protection Degree: IP41 or Nema 12
- Operating interface (HMI) with graphic LCD
- Real time clock
- Main and bypass vacuum contactors
- Medium voltage fuses
- Power and control insulated by fiber optics
- Flash memory module (accessory)
- SoftPLC Function
- Licence-free software SuperDrive and WLP
- USB connection to PC
- Motor thermal protection – PT100 – 8 channels (optional accessory)
- 5 start modes
- Network communication boards (accessories): Devicenet, Profibus-DP, Ethernet and Modbus, RS-23 or RS-485
For detailed information, data sheets, CAD drawings and more please click the button to visit WEG’s website.