Designed to drive AC and synchronous motors, MVW01 is a powerful VSD for a wide range of applications. Covering voltages between 2.3 and 6.9kV and output power up to 16MW, it is also available in water-cooler version.
MVW01 – Medium Voltage Variable Speed Drive (up to 16MW)
WEG is the only Brazilian supplier of medium voltage equipment which can supply the complete solution: incoming cubicle, oil or dry transformer, variable frequency drive and medium voltage electric motor.The MVW-01 variable frequency drive includes state-of-the-art technology through a multi-level structure with high voltage IGBTs, reducing the harmonic currents in the motor to extremely low levels resulting in long life motor insulation.In terms of control, MVW-01 operates with micro-processing, using 32 bit processors (64 bit bus bar) with high speed and pointing float mathematics, assuring great motor control performance. With a three-level neutral point clamped (NPC) inverter topology, it reduces the number of power switching devices in the inverter improving reliability.
- Power range from 500 to 22500HP (16000kW)
- Motor Voltage from 2,3kV to 6,9kV
- High reliability due to proven design and low parts count
- Fuseless design
- Air or Water Cooled
- Air cooled
- Market-specific product variants (IEC/NEMA)
- Flexible input: Diode Front End (DFE) with integrated transformer or external transformer (12, 18, 24 or 36-Pulse) or Active Front End (AFE)
- Multi-motor mode with sync transfer
- Can be used to Start and bypass (synchronous and asynchronous)
- High power factor (>0.96) and high displacement power factor (>0.97)
- Withdrawable modular power arms for quick and easy replacement
- Dry plastic film Power Capacitors with high reliability and long life
- Flexible design (build to suit)
- Built-in motor protections
- Fans / Exhausters
- Cement Kills
- Steel Mill
- Winders / Unwinders
- Suggar Mill
For detailed information, data sheets, CAD drawings and more please click the button to visit WEG’s website.